Oh hey guys. Remember that time I was super gung-ho about blogging again? Well, my hard drive crashed and I lost everything (insert comment about how much I hate Carrie Bradshaw and the episode where she lost everything) and then I had to have emergency surgery the day after. It’s been a rough couple of weeks, and an expensive one at that.
Friday was my birthday (as my best friend so eloquently put it, I’m twenty-great!) and it was just filled with so much love celebration that it really did bring a smile to my face. Some birthday cake was an amazing break from my all-soup diet and I’m starting up with solid foods again.
During my rest period, I did find some real gems across the inter webs:
- Yesterday was Frank Beamer’s last home game at Virginia Tech. He’s been the head coach since before I was born. It’s the end of an amazing era and all of his former student athletes had something to say about it.
- U.S. Marshals seized a wedding dress boutique because the owner had some shady dealings. All brides who ordered a dress will be getting theirs. All remaining inventory are being sold at a deep discount. Upon googling a link to post, this apparently happens a lot.
- Buzzfeed compiled a list of what you get for $1000 rent around the country. As someone who pays well over that much for a one-bedroom 20 miles outside of DC, this was a rather interesting list. Although some of the posts are misleading (what it costs to rent ONE bedroom in a house), it makes me want to move to Birmingham, AL really bad.
- Kate Middleton and Prince William went rock climbing. Is there anything she does where she doesn’t look fab?
- Studies have shown that girls with nagging mothers tend to be more successful. This is 100% true for me, but I could never give my mom that credit. She would hold it over me forever.
Happy Sunday! I really wanted to get this series off and kicking again. Hopefully I stick to it! I read a lot of random news articles and listicles at work, but can never remember to post them come Sunday morning.
- I drive on the absolute worst interstate every day to and from work. Thankfully, it is in the opposite direction of the normal traffic and butt early in the morning so I avoid this craziness. But there are days where it’s infuriating.
- Last week, Frank Beamer announced he will be retiring at the end of this season. I am irrationally emotional about this. To send Beamer off in style, students and alumni are banning together for #GAMEDAY4FRANK for his last home game.
- Sick of seeing that secret sister gift exchange? Apparently it is illegal. Does anyone else remember the panty exchange and how ridiculous that was?
- Apparently now you can order the Home Alone pizza via UberEats. I guess aside from a personal pan cheese pizza, all you get is a commemorative box? I don’t know. I like my Pizza Hut Personal Pan. Side note: what is UberEats?!
- The Buzzfeed Tasty page somehow always made it on my newsfeed. In an effort to not miss any sped-up delectable recipes, I liked the page. It does not disappoint.
Fingers crossed that I can keep this going! In any case, have a great week!
I love November. Not because I am a super basic girl (they prefer October), but because it is birthday month! My birthday is just two short weeks away, and I, literally, just forgot how old I was turning. WHEW! Maybe that is a good thing. Medically, no, but emotionally, yes.
Enough of that nonsense. In September, I had gotten sucked into the Memento Mystery Box craze! They had both a Game Day box, as well as a “Tanks are my cup of tea” box. Neither disappointed.
All of my little treats were in my favorite colors, so it felt super personalized. I went to the #GIRLBOSS option because, that’s exactly what I am. This was such a sweet little surprise I had gotten myself, which means I kicked off birthday month about two months early. Not ashamed. Not ashamed at all.
The tanks box had, of course, a tank top that basically describes my working mentality. The Ashley Brooke Designs mug was absolute perfection. And if anyone knows me, I could always use a make up bag. I either use it to actually store makeup, my own mini first aid kit, or just as a pencil bag.
The Memento Mystery Box goes up on the 15th of every month. Sometimes the themes are announced a few days ahead of time. I definitely set my alarm on the 15th to get both boxes, and you should too!
Well, here I am again. I haven’t posted in almost a month mainly because my work-life balance just got completely off course. A couple years ago, when I was on rotations, I made November “me month” just because it was also birthday month and it made me reflect on my life, what I had accomplished in the last year, and what I wish to accomplish in the following year. I definitely need that again.
Working from home today, I am getting a good jump-start on blogging again, finding good content, and incorporating more professional advice and #bosslady type things. I also have been working on several projects that I wanted to share with you. I initiated a lot of projects since the summer began, and I am finally seeing some success from it, so that was part of the reason I took a brief pause in blogging–I had nothing to write that was complete or concise.
That being said, we are going to go back to regularly-scheduled blogging and checking out some of my highlights from the last week:
The legendary 8-foot Costco Teddy Bear that has set the internet ablaze.
First week of November is the best because of all the marked-down Halloween things. My boyfriend finally got in the spirit because of the thousands of boxes of Count Chocula that was left over.
Like I said, it’s birthday month, so my office has the cutest ways of celebrating all the November birthday babies!
November also means breaking out my Alice + Olivia mug and that I get to match the mug
This is what my family did for Halloween. It was a huge hit with the trick-or-treaters, as well as the parents