One of the greatest things I discovered while in Pharmacy School was the glory of corn dip. Sound so simple doesn’t it. Well my friend Allyson, a simple country girl, started bringing it to all of our potlucks and it would FAST.
It basically has all the qualities of my favorite foods: creamy, spicy, sweet, cheesy.
One lovely chipful bite.
-2 bars of cream cheese (low fat is fine)
-1 small bag of frozen corn (bags have more corn, i made the mistake of using a can)
-Jalapeños from the can with a splash of the water if you like it spicy–or none at all if you don’t
-Shredded cheese (used Colby Jack)
1) Preheat the oven to 400 to 425 degrees
2) Soften the cream cheese
3) Combine cream cheese, corn, jalapenos, a handful of shredded cheese, and a splash of milk.
4) If it thickens up because the corn is so cold, you can microwave it for a min or so.
5) I don’t measure any of the seasonings so basically whatever you think is good. I do add a lot of cayenne, but I like it spicy. If I had to guess I’d say it’s about a teaspoon or 2 of each?
6) After everything is mixed up, put it in a baking dish (don’t forget the Pam) and put shredded cheese on top to cover.
7) Bake it for 15-20 mins You basically just want the cheese to be melted and the center to be warm.