One of the weirdest changes with my new job is that I am sitting. The whole time. With my old job, I didn’t even have a chair to sit down when I did have a down period. I was constantly running around and sweating beads during the work day. Not so much here…I am just sitting.
Something that I didn’t quite realize with stillness is that I realize how cold workplaces can be. When I am running around, my body is fired up and I generate my own heat. When I am just in one spot all day, I can definitely feel the chills. It’s August, for goodness sakes and I am freezing! With some advice from my co-workers. I am turning my office into a little home and bringing my at-home warm comforts to work.
1. Comfy socks: When I am at my desk (which apparently is all the time), my heels come off and my socks come on. Sometimes I even bring some foot cream to work and working on my moisturizing game while I tap away on my keyboard.
2. Electric blanket: I am NOT kidding here, kiddos. It is FRIGID up in the office (down in the office? It’s in the basement). Space heaters are not allowed in the office, so I need some powered heat somewhere.
3. Mug: There’s nothing that a hot cup of coffee or tea can’t cure. I need it. Always.
4. Snuggie: Judge all you want, but I need a blanket covering for my arms and I gotta work, so the snuggie is a fit. There is a Harry Potter one that looks like the Hogwarts robes and I NEED IT.
5. Scarf: My neck gets cold too?
6. Mug Warmer: Here’s some physics for you–things that are warm and placed in a cold room do not stay warm forever. The mug warmer keeps your drink warm.
My favorite comfy socks: WICKED!